+44 1628 470007 (DDI)
Nicola is an associate solicitor in the employment team. She joined Moorcrofts in 2014. Prior to this, she completed her training contract with Fladgate LLP, qualifying as a solicitor in their employment team in 2006. In 2008 she joined Kemp Little LLP and undertook a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment work, acting predominantly for corporate clients.
Nicola’s experience includes strategic and day to day HR advice (for example, in relation to redundancy consultations, absence management, discrimination and disciplinary and grievance processes), advising on executive terminations, drafting employment contracts, executive service agreements, consultancy agreements and staff handbooks, drafting and enforcement of post-termination restrictive covenants, advising on employment litigation and disputes, advising on employment issues arising from the use of social media, and advising on employment aspects of M&A transactions, including TUPE.
Examples of Nicola’s recent work include:
- Advising a UK technology company in relation to an organisational restructure, including redundancy consultation requirements, selection processes and alternative employment;
- Defending and settling an Employment Tribunal claim for sex discrimination and unfair dismissal following a TUPE transfer;
- Advising employer on potential breach of restrictive covenants by ex-employees, preparing letters before action to ex-employees and new employer and successfully obtaining undertakings from the relevant parties;
- Advising on the employment aspects of a business transfer, including due diligence and TUPE consultation process; and
- Advising employer on assessment and management of disabled employee.
Bachelor of Law (LLB) 2:1
University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (2000)
Legal Practice Course, Commendation
University of Northumbria (2001)
Masters Degree in Employment Law (LLM) Distinction
University of Northumbria (2016)